Indian Railways is the leading railway network in Asia and the world’s second major single unit employer. With more than 1.3 million recruits, the Railway is the prime municipal and profitable service in the country.
This web page provides comprehensive information on Indian Railway’s posts salaries and Perks, more than ever after pay revision in line with recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission.
You will be surprised to know that there are lots of benefits which are provided by railway to its employees. Individuals, who want to be railway employees, must be sentient about Railway Employee Salary Structure which is given according to the 7th pay commission.
Indian Railway Salary Structure
The candidates who have an aspiration to be placed in Indian Railway, always ask about the Indian Railway Salary Structure (Group A, B, C, D). Here we’ve brought to you the present Salary Packages and Pay Bands. Please have a look…..
Group-Wise Railway Pay Band
|Group||Pay Band||Post Name|
|Group-A||8700 to 10000||Manager, General Manager|
|Group-B||4800 to 7600||Chief Yard Master, Station Supervisor, and others|
|Group-C||2000 to 4600||Junior Engineer, Loco Pilot, Train Ticket Examiner, Reservation cum Ticketing Clerk & others|
|Group-D||1800 to 1900||Track Man, Helper, Track Maintainer and others|
After 7th Pay Commission, Indian Railway Salary Is As Follows
- Subsequent to the accomplishment of 7th pay commission the pay scale and grade pay of diverse positions have increased. As per the railway boards and 7th CPC, there will be an increment of at least 2.5 times and maximum 3 times in Indian Railway employees’ salary.
- Those people who were working under Pay Band 1 and getting a salary of Rs. 5200/- at this time will get a salary of minimum Rs. 13000/-.
- There will be a change in pay band 2 as those who were drawing a salary in Pay Scale of Rs. 9300/- to Rs. 34, 800/- will be increased to Rs. 23, 250/- to Rs. 87, 000/-.
- The highest pay band of Indian Railway is raised up to Rs. 1, 12,000/- with the grade pay of Rs. 30, 000/- that is Pay Band 4.
Railway Group C & D Salary Structures
|Position||Present GP||New Salary (Start Level)||New Level|
|Shunter Gr I||4200||35400||6|
|Shunter Gr II||2400||25500||4|
|Senior Fireman-I, Senior Assistant Loco Pilot||2400||25500||4|
|Fireman-I, Assistant Loco Pilot||1900||19900||2|
|Senior Second Fireman||1900||19900||2|
|Keyman/ Head trackman/ Sr Trackman||2400||25500||4|
|Sr Safaiwala Jamadar||2400||25500||4|
|Traffic Running Staff|
|Sr. Pass Guard||4200||35400||6|
|Sr Assistant Guard||2400||25500||4|
Railway Commercial Staff New Salary
The Commercial staff category includes:
- Commercial Clerk
- Reservation cum Ticketing Clerks
- Enquiry Clerks
- TTEs and TCs
Recommended New Grade Pay
|New Matrix Level||
Indian Railway Accounts Cadre New Salary
|Present GP||New Matrix Level||
|Jr Accounts Assistant||2800||5||29200|
|Sr Section Officers/Sr Travelling Inspector A/cs/ Sr Inspector of Stores Accounts||4800*||8||47600|
RRB Salary For RPF (Police) And Engineering Staff
|RPF Constable||RPF/RPSF||Rs. 5,200-20,200|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (Police)||Rs. 5,200-20,201|
|Head Constable||Rs. 5,200- 20,202|
|Inspector (Police)||Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Engineering Department /Stores Department||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Section Engineer||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Loco Inspector/ Section Engineer||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Chemical & Metallurgical Superintendent Gr .II||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Depot Materials Superintendent||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Shipping Inspector||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Commercial Superintendent||Commercial||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Sr. Commercial Clerk||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Chief Ticket Inspector||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Chief Enquiry & Reservation Supervisor||Rs. 9,300-34,800|
|Law Assistant||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Chief Catering Inspector||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Dy. Station Superintendent||Rs. 9,300- 34,800|
|Headmaster/Head mistress/ higher secondary school/Intermediate College||
|Principal/Head Master (Secondary/High School & equivalent) Group ‘B’ Gazetted||Rs. 15,600- 39,100|
Indian Railway Medical Officers And Paramedical Salary
|Post Name||Department||Grade Pay||Pay Scale|
|General Duty Medical Officer||IRMS||Rs. 5400||
|Dental Surgeon||Rs. 5400|
|Assistant Nursing Officer||Medical||Rs. 5400|
|Staff Nurse (Group ‘C’)||Rs. 4200||
|Lab Supdt. Gr. I||Rs. 4600|
|Sr. Dietician||Rs. 4600|
Allowances That Are Given To RRB Employees Along With Salary
- Daily Allowance along with Mileage Allowance for local journey beyond 8 km
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Transport Allowance (TPA)
- Night Duty Allowance
- Fixed Conveyance Allowance
- Conveyance Allowance to Doctors
- Compensation in lieu of Holidays
- Special Compensatory (Tribal/Scheduled Area) Allowances.
- Special Allowance to Railway School Teachers
- Special Allowance for Childcare for women with disabilities and Educational Allowance
- Overtime Allowance (OTA) and others
We hope that Indian Railway Salary Structure 2018 provided above will be obliged to you. If you have any other query regarding Railway Salary Structure, you can comment below.